Baiklah, setelah pembelajaran kita yang sudah berlangsung hari ini, saatnya bagi kalian untuk melaksanakan evaluasi pembelajaran secara DARING. Pada evaluasi kali ini, kalian akan ditugaskan untuk membuat dialog singkat dalam bentuk rekaman video atau rekaman suara yang mengandung Asking and Giving Opinion.
Yang tercinta siswa-siswi kelas XI, saatnya bagi kita untuk mengevaluasi hasil belajar kalian di pertemuan minggu ini, yakni evaluasi untuk materi giving and asking opinion. Dalam evaluasi kali ini, kalian akan mendapati 20 pertanyaan. Masing-masing pertanyaan memiliki bobot 5 point, jadi kesuluruhan point adalah 100 point.
Saya berharap, kalian tetap semangat untuk terus belajar dan mendalami bahasa dan dengan evaluasi ini dapat semakin meningkatkan pemahaman kalian tentang materi yang sudah dipelajari dengan pencapaian nilai yang maksimal.
Langsung saja, untuk memulai evaluasi silahkan kalian klik pada nama kalian masing-masing ya.
Awas! jangan sampai salah klik nama. kalian bebas mengerjakan ini kapanpun dimanapun dengan batas pengerjaan sampai minggu depan. Good luck!
Assalamu’alaikum Wr Wb. How Are you guys?? Jumpa lagi di postingan yang baru ini. Okay, langsung aja ya?
Pernahkah kalian memiliki pendapat atau menanyakan pendapat?, mungkin iya dalam Bahasa Indonesia. Saya yakin semua orang pernah menyampaikan pendapat dan menanyakan pendapat. Namun, bagaiamana ya cara menyatakan pendapat dalam Bahasa Inggris?, Yuk kita pelajari bersama!
Asking and Giving Opinion ialah suatu ungkapan yang digunakan untuk menanyakan, menjawab atau merespon suatu pendapat. Dalam Opinion, biasanya terdapat beberapa kata kerja yang digunakan antara lain believe (percaya), reckon (memperhitungkan), think (rasa/pikir), doubt (meragukan), assume (berasumsi), agree (setuju), atau don’t agree (tidak setuju).
Dalam Bahasa Inggris, ada beberapa ungkapan yang lazim atau sering kali digunakan dalam menyampaikan atau menanyakan suatu pendapat, yuk kita pelajari tabel dibawah dan perhatikan dengan seksama!
1.In my opinion, … 2.I think, … 3.I am convinced that, …. 4.According to the (Expert), I … 5.I believe that, … 6.I feel that, … 7.I consider that, … 8.In my opinion, I would rather … 9.What I have in my mind is that … 10.Absolutely, …. 11. Some people believe that, … 12. Most of people thinks that
1.What is your opinion about … ? 2.What do you think about … ? 3.What about … ? 4.What are your views? 5.What are your ideas? 6.How do you feel about that? 7.Do you have any thoughts of that? 8.What are you feeling about … ? 9.What are you feeling about
Giving and Asking Opinion formally.
Sebenarnya bagaimanapun cara kalian mengungkapkan dan menanyakan pendapat (Asking and Giving Opinion) itu boleh dengan berbagai cara dengan menggunakan ungkapan di atas sebagai pembuka dalam memberikan opini kalian. Nah, kalau kalian masih merasa bingung, di bawah ini akan saya sajikan contoh ungkapan tersebut yang diimbuhi dengan artinya biar kalian bisa lebih mengerti.
Asking Opinion (Menanyakan Pendapat)
What do you think of…? (Bagaimana pendapatmu?)
What is your opinion? (Apa pendapat mu?)
What do you think about…? (Bagaimana pendapatmu?)
What are you feeling? (Apa perasaanmu?)
What your view on? (Bagaimana pandangan mu?)
What is your reaction? (Apa reaksimu?)
What do you like? (Apa yang kamu suka?)
What is your idea? (Apa pendapatmu?)
What is your comment? (Apa komentar mu?)
Giving Opinion (Memberikan Pendapat)
In my opinion (Di pendapatku)
I think…. (Menurut saya)
I think that (Aku berfikir bahwa)
I think I like it (Aku pikir aku menyukainya)
I personally consider …. (Saya beranggap)
In my opinion (Menurut Opini saya)
I personally believe (Saya yakin)
I tend to think that (Aku berpikir bahwa)
It is my comment (Ini komentarku)
In my view (Menurutku)
As far I know (Sejauh yang aku tau)
From my point of view (Dari pendapatku)
The way I see is that (Caraku melihat ini yaitu)
My comment is (Komentarku adalah)
Gimana, sudah semakin mengerti kan?
Jadi, dalam memberikan pendapat atau menanyakan pendapat kita bisa menggunakan salah satu ungkapan di atas diikuti dengan pendapat kalian sesuai dengan konteks atau keadaan yang kalian alami terkait pendapat atau menyatakan pendapat. Agar sedikit lebih Jelas, ayo kita simak contoh dialog singkat di bawah ini!
Contoh Dialog Asking and Giving Opinion
Mr. Angga: Hi Dio? Mr. Dio: Hi Angga? Mr. Angga: Have you heard about Terrorism in Sarina ? Mr. Dio: Yes, I got information on television last night. Mr. Angga: What do you think about that? Mr. Dio: I think the terrorist is very brutal. Mr. Angga: I think so, I hope next time there is no incident about it again.
Mr. Angga: Hi Dio? Mr. Dio: Hi Angga? Mr. Angga: Sudahkah kamu mendengar tentang tindakan teroris di Sarina ? Mr. Dio: Ya, saya tahu dari informasi di Televisi tadi malam. Mr. Angga: Apa pendapat kamu tentang kejadian tersebut? Mr. Dio: Menurut saya Pelaku teroris tersebut sangat kejam. Mr. Angga: Saya juga berpikir seperti itu. Saya berharap kedepan nya tidak ada lagi kejadian seperti itu.
Contoh Dialog Asking and Giving Opinion
Nina: What is your opinion about my picture? Nana: Wow! Amazing! I think it is very beautiful and colorful. I think you talent as a Painter or designer. Nina: Thank you. By the way have you finished your homework? Nana: Not yet. I have a problem about it. Can you help me? Nina: Ok. No Problem. What do you think of English lesson? Nana: I think English lesson is difficult. What about you? Nina: I think English lesson is easy because it’s one of my favorite lesson.
Nina: Apa pendapatmu tentang gambarku? Nana: Wow! menakjubkan! menurutku itu gambar yang bagus dan penuh warna. Saya berpendapat kamu mempunyai bakat sebagai pelukis atau sebagai perancang model. Nina: Terima kasih. ngomong-ngomong sudah selesaikah pekerjaan rumahmu? Nana: Belum. Aku mempunyai masalah dalam hal itu. dapatkah kamu membantuku? Nina: Ok. tidak masalah. Apa pendapatmu tentang pelajaran Bahasa Inggris? Nana: Menurutku Bahasa Inggris itu sulit. Bagaimana denganmu? Nina: Menurutku pelajaran Bahasa Inggris itu mudah karena Bahasa Inggris adalah salah satu pelajaran kesukaanku .
Nah, itu tadi contoh dialog singkat dalam menyampaikan dan menanyakan pendapat. Sekarang, bagaimana jika kita ingin merespons pendapat orang lain dengan kata setuju atau tidak setuju. Sebaiknya kalian simak yang ada dibawah berikut.
Agreeing with an Opinion (Menyetujui Pendapat)
• Of course. • This is absolutely right. • I agree with this opinion. • I agree with your Opinion. • That’s a good point. • I think so too. • I couldn’t agree more. • I agree with what you are saying. • I agree, I never thought of that. • Neither do I.
Disagreeing with an Opinion (Menolak/Tidak Menyetujui Pendapat)
• I am sorry, I don’t agree with you. • I can’t say I agree with this, and here’s why….. • I do not believe that. • By this I mean….. • I disagree with you. • I think you are wrong. • That’s not the same thing at all. • I am not sure I agree with you. • I don’t agree with you. • I am afraid I have to disagree with you. • It is not justified to say so. • I am not convinced that….
Seiring dengan perkembangan zaman maka giving an opinion bukan hanya sekedar bertanya dan menjawab antara satu orang dengan orang lain dalam bentuk percakapan biasa. Asking and giving an opinion juga dikemas dalam acara-acara resmi sebagai berikut:
1. Interactive Dialogue 2. Panel Discussion 3. Talk Show 4. Variatey Show 5. Seminar Presentation 6. Meeting Presentation 7. Focus Group Discussion 8. Campaign Session 9. Speech Session 10.Debate Session
Nah, biar kalian semua tambah faham dengan bagaimana cara memberikan atau menanyakan pendapat saya akan berikan lebih banyak contoh percakapan dan latihan soal buat kalian. Baca terus sampai selesai ya! biar kalian semua lebih mengerti dan faham tentang materi ini.
Doni : Hi John, where have you been? I didn’t see you for a week. John : Yeah, I enjoyed my long holiday. Doni : Wow, cool. Where did you go? John : I went to Amed beach in Karang Asem. Have you ever visited that place? Doni : Hmmm… Never, but I ever saw it from TV. Is it a good Beach? What do you think about Amed Beach? John : In my opinion, it is an awesome beach. It has many good diving spots. Besides, you can also see a beautiful sunrise in the morning. Doni : What a good place to spend a holiday! John : Yeah, of course. If you have a long holiday, I think you should go to Amed. Karang Asem has many beautiful beaches. Doni : Yes, I will. I agree with you. Last year I went to Virgin Beach in Karang Asem. It is not too far from Denpasar. Have you ever gone there? John : Not yet, I just know it from my friends who have already gone there. They said that the beach has a beautiful white sand. How’s your opinion? Doni : Personally, I think Virgin beach is a beautiful beach and a good place to spend your weekend. Your friends are right. It has a gorgeous white sand. John : Cool, please take me there sometimes. Doni : Sure. There are a lot of places that we can explore in Karang Asem. Have you ever visited Tenganan Village? John : No, I have not. I only ever heard that village from my grandfather. As far as I know, Tenganan is one of famous Bali traditional villages. Balinese called it “Desa Bali Aga”. The house styles and ornaments are very traditional. They also have a unique tradition called “Perang Pandan”. Doni : Yes, I ever heard about it. Some people say that “Perang Pandan” is an offering ceremony to honor God Indra John : What a unique tradition it is. We should go and watch it once. Doni : Alright, let’s arrange a trip to Karang Asem next June. What do you think? John : I’d say that is a brilliant idea. Can’t wait for that month. Doni : Yeah, me too. I’ll contact you later. See you John. John : Alright, see you Doni.
Marina : “Hi Gustina, what are you doing?” Gustina: “Hi Marina, I’m writing a poetry” Marina : “Poetry? for the special one?” Gustina: “Absolutely, tomorrow is mothers’ day so I would like to give this poetry for my mommy” Marina : “Mothers’ day? Oh my god! I forget about it” Gustina: “Calm down Erika, why don’t you write a poetry too?” Marina : “No, I cant write a poetry “ Gustina: “Do you know what is the thing that your mommy likes?” Marina : “She likes flowers” Gustina: “How about buying a flower vase, I think your mommy likes it.” Marina : “That sounds good idea, but Clara would you mind to accompany me to find it out after class end?” Clara: “With my pleasure” Gustina: “Oh thank you so much Marina” Marina : “Don’t mention it Gustina”
Billy : Hey, Tom! Have you watched the Game of Thrones series? (Hei, Bagas! Sudahkah kamu nonton serial Game of Thrones?) Tom : Of course I have! (Tentu saja sudah!) Billy : What is your point of view, then? (Kalau begitu, apa pendapatmu tentang itu?) Tom : I honestly think that the actors have unbelievable acting skills. (Sejujurnya aku berpikir bahwa pemerannya memiliki kemampuan berakting yang sangat keren.) Billy : Good point. And what is your opinion about the plot? (Benar juga. Lalu apa pendapatmu soal jalan ceritanya?) Tom : There is no doubt in mind that the plot is mind-blowing! By the way, how about we watch another Netflix series together? (Sudah jelas bahwa jalan ceritanya menakjubkan! Omong-omong, bagaimana kalau kita nonton serial Netflix lainnya?) Billy : I strongly believe that is a great idea. We can watch Stranger Things, perhaps? (Aku sungguh yakin itu ide yang bagus. Mungkin kita bisa nonton Stranger Things?) Tom : That is great. Let’s go! (Bagus. ayo!)
Bryan: “Hi Carol” Carol: “Hi Bryan, what are you doing here?” Bryan: “I want to buy manusia setengah salmon book” Carol: “Whose the writer? “ Bryan: “His name’s Radityadika Carol: “Oh I see, Actually I’ve read his another book the title is kambing jantan Bryan: “ (Agreement) and Radityadika is my favorite writer, I have all of his books by the way what are you looking for here? ” Carol: “I’m looking for negri lima menara novel, I’m pretty sure that you know that novel “ Bryan: “ Of course i know it, good choice Maya, and you should have it because (giving opinion) and very recommended for the student like us Carol: “Yea my sisters says so, I cant wait to read that novel. By the way I have to take the novel now because I wont get home late, it’s nice to talk with you Kevin “ Bryan: “ Oh OK, it’s nice to talk with you too” Carol : “ See you later” Bryan: “ See you”
E. Contoh Soal Asking and Giving Opinions
Choose A, B, C, D, or E to complete the correct answers!
1. Dio: Can you give me an opinion about my sculpture? Jon: Sure thing! I think you should have had fixed the hand. Dio: Thanks, Jon. Jon: No problem! From the dialogue above, Dio is… A. Asking for help B. Giving help C. Giving opinion D. Asking for an opinion E. Asking for help
2. Jul: Ria, what do you think of the cake I bake? Ria: It’s really delicious, Jul. I love it! Jul: yes! From the dialogue above, Jul is… A. Asking for an opinion B. Asking for help C. Requesting for attention D. Giving an item E. Giving opinion
3. Dave: So what do you think of my singing? John: It’s really good, but I suggest to try singing in a high tune. Dave: Thanks, John. John: No problem, Dave! From the dialogue above, John is… A. Asking for help B. Giving an opinion C. Asking for an opinion D. Giving help E. Giving attention
4. Jade: What do you think of my drawing? Rose: It’s amazing, but I think you should erase the scribbles over here. Jade: Thank you so much for you opinon, Rose! Rose: My pleasure. From the dialogue above, Rose is… A. Asking for attention B. Asking a question C. Giving an opinion D. Giving help E. Asking for help
5. Andy : What do you think about the restaurant? Budy : I think the price is too expensive From the dialogue above we can conclude that …. A. Budy is expressing pleasure B. Andy is expressing pleasure C. Budy is expressing displeasure D. Andy is expressing displeasure E. Budy is giving opinion
6. Mita : What do you think about the fairy? Bayu : I think she deserves to return to heaven We can conclude that Mita is … A. Asking for information from Bayu B. Asking Bayu’s opinion C. Giving her opinion to Bayu D. Agreeing with Bayu’s opinion E. Disagreeing with Bayu’s opinion
7. Adi : …………………………. Ina : I think it’s great A. Have you read this book? B. What do you think of this book? C. What is it? D. Do you know this? E. How do you do?
8 . Justin: Next week We will have a long holiday. So, on your holiday what are you going to do Yoona? Yoona:… A. I don’t know where I go B. I’m sorry, I can’t tell you C. This is not your business D. I have nothing to do E. I’m thinking of going to Jogja Sorry
9. Liana: Film of Kartini it’s so inspiring. And what do you think about the inspiring film of Kartini? Bram: I think… A. Thank you, Kartini B. You forget Kartini’s day C. I can’t hear you call Kartini D. I love Kartini’s film its so inspiring me E. Let’s go
10. Jamilah: I think our city is saved from the virus, so we can go around. Ellisa: But I don’t think so,… Our city is not saved. We must stay at home at least in lockdown time. A. In my opinion B. She forgets it C. See you next time D. You know it E. I am thinking of the virus
11. Drue: May I know what do you think of my short story? Julia: It’s a good story, but I suggest changing the title with an interesting title. Drue: Nice opinion. Thanks, Julia. Julia: Anytime, Drue! From the dialogue above between Julia and Drue, Julia is… A. Giving order B. Asking for an opinion C. Asking for attention D. Giving an opinion E. Giving hands
12. Bintang: Afterschool Herman feels very tired and he gets dizzy. Sonia: I think …. And if it’s not necessary he doesn’t leave the bed. A. You must go to school B. You have to take him to the hospital C. He should lie down and have bedrestime D. She would take rest E. He can see the doctor now
13. Damar: … our Biology class is so fun and very interesting. Tania: Yes, you are right I think so too. The Biology teacher conveys the lesson interestingly making the classroom atmosphere becomes pleasant. A. The teacher disagree B. Tania agree C. I don’t like it D. I think E. I’m not sure one hundred percent
14. James: This day is Mother’s day and I want to give her my painting. When you look my painting what do you think about my it? Ron: It’s so beautiful and amazing, and I think you must develop your painting talent to a professional level. James: That’s opinion sounds great. Thanks full for your opinion, Ron. Ron: It’s my pleasure. From the conversation about painting, Ron is… A. Asking a time B. Giving an opinion C. Asking for a gift D. Giving a lot of hands E. Asking for his help
15. Dahlia: Jennifer, would you like to give me an opinion about my poetry? Jennifer: Of course! I think you should use attractive themes and titles. It would be great poetry. Dahlia: Thank you very much, Jennifer. Jennifer: It’s okay The dialogue above tells us that Dahlia is… A. Make a wish B. Asking for sing a song C. Waiting for help D. Sharing an opinion E. Asking for an opinion
16. Jake: Rose, what do you think of my chocolate cake? Rose: It’s so delicious! I really love this cake! Jake: I’m so pleased In the dialogue, Jake is… A. Giving advice B. Asking for an opinion C. Requesting for gift D. Giving baker cake E. Asking for help
17. …… children should be taught from an early age to be independent and responsible. A. In my opinion B. They want to learn C. You can’t believe D. He totally understands E. Do you think that
18. Woman: What do you think of my appearance. Do I look okay? Man: Well, yes but it will be more elegant if you wear a long black dress. Woman: Alright. What is the dialogue about? A. The woman’s dress B. The elegant woman C. The woman’s black dress D. The woman’s appearance E. The man’s complaint about the woman
19. Man: Oh my god, this traffic is making me crazy. Woman: Absolutely! I think there must be an accident. Man: I think so too. It’s almost seven o’clock. We’ll be late for school. Woman: We’d better tell our teacher that we’re coming late, because of the traffic. We hope and pray that traffic will be fine soon and we will not miss the first lesson. Man: Okay, let’s call her. What is the best solution they have? A. Make themselves crazy B. Come late to school C. Call the teacher D. Hope and pray E. Miss the first lesson
20. Woman: Look at me! Does this long red dress suit on me, John? Man: I don’t think so. I think the green long dress is better than the red one. Woman: How about the short black one, then? Man: Yes, that suits you. You look gorgeous with that one. Which dress suits the woman? A. The short red one. B. The short green one. C. The short black one. D. The long red one. E. The long green one.
21.Dio: Can you give me an opinion about my sculpture? Jon: Sure thing! I think you should have had fixed the hand. Dio: Thanks, Jon. Jon: No problem! From the dialogue above, Dio is… A. Asking for help B. Giving help C. Giving opinion D. Asking for an opinion E. Asking for help
Kate : We’ll have a long holiday next month. What are you going to do? Yani : …. Kate : I hope you have a nice trip 22 . Complete the dialogue above …. A. I am thinking of going to Bali Sorry B. Sorry, I can’t tell you C. It’s not your business D. I have nothing to do E. I don’t know what to do
Alex : What do you think about the film ? Bram : I think ………………….. 23. Complete the dialogue above …. A. I like it B. Thank you C. I can’t hear you D. You forget it E. Let’s go
Eric : I think our city is very hot at the moment. Era : I don’t think so ……………. Our city is much cooler than other cities in this country. 24. Complete the dialogue above …. A. I know it B. I am thinking of C. He forget it D. In my opinion E. See you
Bowo : I feel tired and I feel dizzy. Sri : I think …. Don’t leave the bed if it is not necessary. 25. Complete the dialogue above …. A. You must sing B. You should lie down and have some rest C. You can see the doctor tonight D. I will take you to the hospital A. I must take some rest, too
Dave: So what do you think of my singing? John: It’s really good, but I suggest to try singing in a high tune. Dave: Thanks, John. John: No problem, Dave! 26. From the dialogue above, John is… A. Asking for help B. Giving an opinion C. Asking for an opinion D. Giving help E. Giving attention
Jade: What do you think of my drawing? Rose: It’s amazing, but I think you should erase the scribbles over here. Jade: Thank you so much for you opinon, Rose! Rose: My pleasure. 27. From the dialogue above, Rose is… A. Asking for attention B. Asking a question C. Giving an opinion D. Giving help E. Asking for help
Dirk: Can you give me an opinion about my sculpture? Jake: Sure thing! I think you should have had fixed the hand. Dirk: Thanks, Jake. Jake: No problem! 28. From the dialogue above, Dirk is… A. Asking for help B. Giving help C. Giving opinion D. Asking for an opinion E. Asking for help
Nah, para pembaca sekalian yang ganteng-ganteng dan cantik-cantik. Semoga postingan ini semakin meningkatkan sedikit lagi kemampuan kalian dan kita semua dalam Berbahasa Inggris sebagai jembatan komunikasi internasinal.
Akhir Kata Wassalam Mua’alaikum Wr Wb. Sampai Jumpa di Postingan selanjutnya.